WHAT ARE SOCCER BANNERS?
Banners are signs that are sold to advertise businesses. They are hung along the fence at the stadium during the soccer season. Banners are the KMHS soccer program’s biggest fundraiser.
WHY SHOULD I SELL BANNERS?
Banner sales are a great way to reduce (or eliminate!) the amount of soccer fees your student owes. For each banner you sell, your student’s fees are reduced by $225 (new business) or $270 (returning business). You can sell as many banners as you choose.
HOW DO I SELL A BANNER?
1. Make a list of businesses you would like to approach about buying a banner.
2. Once you are ready to sell a banner, either call or stop by the business and ask if they would be willing to support the KMHS soccer program by purchasing a banner.
4. Ask the business to email a file of their logo. The acceptable formats are listed on the sponsorship form. The business can email their logo/artwork to KMHS.Soccer.Booster@gmail.com
5. Ask the business if they would like to have a plaque to hang up thanking them for donating. A plaque is included in the sponsorship package, but some are not interested in having a plaque.
6. Give (or email) the business a copy of the sponsorship agreement. Ask them to fill it out, sign it and mail it along with their check. The mailing address is listed on the sponsorship agreement form.
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS ABOUT THE BANNERS?
1. Banners are 3’ x 5’ in size and are printed in color.
2. They will hang on the fences at the stadium for all lacrosse and soccer seasons.
3. The cost of a banner for a business is $400. From that $400, the banner printing fee is deducted as well as the cost to cover the cost of the sponsor plaque. Each year the banner is sold (or re-sold), the player receives a contribution of $225 toward their player account’s dues for a new business, or $270 for a returning business.
4. The KMHS Soccer Booster Club board takes care of ordering the banner and ordering the plaque. The plaque will be given to you so you can deliver it to the sponsor.
5. Please follow up with the business to make sure payment has been submitted.
6. There is no limit to the number of banners you can sell.
7. Businesses will receive a tax receipt.
WHAT SHOULD I SAY WHEN I ASK A BUSINESS TO BUY A BANNER?
When you call or visit in person, make sure to ask to speak to the manager or owner.
A sample script to ask for a banner sale is:
“Hi, I am calling from the Soccer Booster Club at Kennesaw Mountain High School to ask if you would be willing to sponsor our program by buying a banner. The banner is 3 feet by 5 feet in size, will have your business name and logo on it in color and be hung where it will be seen at every lacrosse and soccer home game as well as any other events at the stadium during the season. It is only $400 and is tax deductible. During the season, your business name will be announced at every soccer home game as well as displayed periodically on the school’s electronic sign. You will also receive a sponsor plaque to hang up. We would really appreciate your support. Would you be willing to buy a banner?”
WHAT IF MY STUDENT IS A RETURNING PLAYER AND SOLD A BANNER LAST YEAR?
You will have priority to contact that sponsor. If the business agrees to be a sponsor again and the banner we printed for that business last year is still in good shape and doesn’t have to be reprinted, your student will receive a credit of $225 for new business or $270 for returning businesses. (If the business does not want a plaque, the student will still benefit of a $225 or $270 credit).